Join our community! Build your energy efficient house on one of our last 3 lots starting at $98,000!
If you are looking for the advantage of a rural, farming lifestyle without giving up the stimulation of a nearby city, consider building on one of our lots in our family-friendly, multigenerational and cooperatively managed neighborhood in gorgeous Charlotte, just south of Burlington. Champlain Valley Cohousing is a neighborhood of 14 townhomes and 12 lots clustered around a big central green on 10 of our jointly owned 125 acres. We are a diverse group, including families with children, retirees and single folk, ranging in age from 2 - 77. We value sustainability and old-fashioned community and invite you to consider sharing these amenities:
- All our houses are located around a village green, a half-mile from the road, allowing children to play throughout our community safely. They can enjoy riding bikes, sledding, playing games on the huge green, walking in our forests, or exploring our brook. Best of all - plenty of playmates!
- Each lot for sale is south facing with septic, water and power already in place and ready to build on.
- Highly rated Charlotte public elementary school and Waldorf elementary and high school are close by, as is the Charlotte Children's Center preschool.
- The Charlotte Senior Center has stimulating classes and activities that draw those 50+ from a wide area beyond Charlotte.
- We have an orchard and agricultural land available to all community members to garden, grow crops, or raise livestock and poultry.
- The Charlotte Town Trail, which will eventually connect Charlotte Beach to the west and majestic Mount Philo to the east, travels through our beautiful clay plain forest. It is perfect for walking, biking and, in the winter, snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
- We have a pond with a dock for swimming in summer and ice-skating in winter.
- We come together for events throughout the year, including bonfires, sing-a-longs and often our children get together on their own and produce their own performances, whether poetry, song or drama. We use a big, heated community yurt for year round socializing, meetings, meals and celebrations, as well as informal gatherings.
- 115 of our acres are preserved from development through the Vermont Land Trust.
You have the choice of designing and building the house of your dreams, as many in our community have already done, or you may choose to use a ready-to-build package from a number of builders where the design work has already been done for you. All home designs must meet certain basic energy efficiency and size requirements before construction, and so are reviewed prior to finalizing construction plans.
One available package from HP Modular in Williston, VT, includes an energy efficient, 2,000 square foot home with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. This home is similar to others in our neighborhood, which are highly energy efficient and have very low utility costs. Estimated cost for this turn key package: $399,000.
TO LEARN MORE, PLEASE CALL CARINA AT 802-863-4753
BRAND NEW Net Zero three bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1,536 square foot home.
Handicapped accessible first-floor bedroom with attached bath. Beautifully
appointed and carefully constructed. Contact Danelle: 802-453-6161,
- Two bedroom plus office, one-and-a-half bath, 1,120 square foot townhouse in Triplex, at $337,000.
Hardwood floors, full basement, covered porch, boot room, deck facing south and yard, central vac,
washer and dryer. Great southern exposure. Solar electric and hot water panels; propane heat.
Contact Tanya: 802-373-7307, or email, email@example.com
- Three bedroom, 2 bath townhome (#5) in eastern Quadplex. Master bedroom
downstairs, two additional bedrooms upstairs. Full, spacious basement.
Contact Dottie Waller: 802-343- 4370, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SOLD: Three bedroom, two bath townhouse (#13) in eastern Triplex, at $359,000.
Contact Lorelei Atwood: 203-803-7600, or email, Loreleiatwood@gmail.com
- SOLD: Cozy timber frame home in the southeastern corner of the community. Seven years old, architect designed. Two bedrooms, two baths (Red house in the photo above), very private, facing conserved pasturelands and beautiful view of Mt. Philo, and also borders the central Green. $490,000. Contact Mary Van Vleck at email@example.com or (802) 425-4404.